Thursday, May 14, 2009

I feel like Spongebob

Back in March, I had a near arrest experience. It was April, 14th and I had gotten a ticket a while back in STUPID Helena.

NEVER. SPEED. IN. HELENA.

Anyway, It was a pretty good day, but something was weighing on my mind. I had the strangest feeling that I needed to be somewhere- paying, appearing, doing something. Anyway, I ignored it and decided to take a nap while the kids were napping. I then realized what I was supposed to be doing. I had a court date. Don't you just hate it when you are dreaming and you then realize... whatever, I shot up and looked at the clock. 3 freaking 40 pm. My court date was at 4. Helena is 25 minutes away. You do the math. I raced upstairs, snatched my kids out of their cribs, then threw them in the car. I then prayed that neither one had gotten shaken baby syndrome from all that jostling. Okay, so now I am rushing to Helena, praying that I don't get another ticket on the way. I finally get to the court house and try to pay my ticket to avoid going to court. It was 4 freaking 01 pm. The lady at the front desk (who tried her hardest to screw me over today...later, I promise) told me that she was sorry and that my paper work was already at court. So, I have to take Hartley who just so happens to have a poopie diaper and Grayson who just so happens to have no shoes on, with me to court. They were not cooperative. Grayson was making Hart laugh, Hart was making Grayson laugh which in turn made everyone else laugh, except me. This was not funny. I then call Deana, bless her, who sat with my children while I sorted everything out. Long story short, I was sentenced to driving school.

So today, I went to driving school just like Spongebob. I decided to arrive as early as possible because they lock the doors if you are late. And if you are late and can't get in, you have to pay the original ticket, court costs, and not get a refund on the $150 driving school fee. I had called earlier and asked that stupid front desk lady what time driving school was- the heifer told me 6:30. So I arrive and they tell me it starts at 6. Ha Ha stupid front desk lady! I arrived at 5:40!

Anyway, driving school didn't turn out to be so bad. And it did make me think about what I need to not be doing while driving. I have read while driving, put on make up, ate, texted, did my hair, etc, etc. So people, think about what you are doing while driving. Multi tasking is NOT for driving. Be safe on the road, watch out for drunks, yield when needed, and don't reach for your clipboard on the passenger side floor (we watched a lot of "what went wrong here" videos).

No comments:

Post a Comment